10 October, 2009

Confession of a Bike Rider


Being a Bike Rider is tough. Especially if you live in a big city with broad roads and your bike is a contemporary powerful one.(anything above those 98 cc Honda)
There are a lot of challenges there in the road. And than, there is the bike itself.
I became interested amazing world of bikes through a blog called 2wheelsindia. Than, I bought a Honda Unicorn some 7 months back, and since than the bike has grown on me.
This bike has got 150 cc-engine, is in silver color and I never really cared about the millage until recently. In the first two months I was really careful while riding my bike, I seldom went past 75 K mph on it. But things changed by time.As days passed by, my favorite time-pass became wandering around the city on my bike. I also started noticing the other riders, and driver in their cars. Sometimes while at the Crossroads stops I would notice that other riders are looking at each others bikes and are kind of making acknowledgment for an unofficial race which would start as soon as the red light turns green. I often won those races thanks to my bike's fast pick up.

Than there were times when I would be riding my bike on Highways or Delhi's Ring Road and suddenly a Rider will go past me giving horn as if telling me that I can not go as fast as he can. More often than not, I will change gears and try to see if I can. Although, gradually I realized that following another rider just to prove that your bike has more power is complete insanity. I guess, that is the very thing which causes accidents. Than I became what I would call a Grown up Rider. I still would go up to high speeds but will cool down if need be. My Hands will always be touching the hand breaks ready to apply them in split second when it's necessary.

Approximately 3 months back I was riding around the Connaught place and I noticed a girl riding a Pulsar 150 cc. That was really wonderful. I did know earlier that girls do ride scooters and occasionally bikes but this was different. This girl was riding her bike with full confidence. She was wearing one of those helmets which have no Jaw guard and have a half Glass Shield. She was the most beautiful biker I had seen. I tried to follow her around the circular roads of CP discretely. On a second thought, my bike was going in the same direction and it was not really under my control. Than I pulled out of the trail, and the reason for the same is another story which can be dealt with later.

As days went by, I started waking up earlier in the morning to go on a ride. If you are a Bike Rider than there can be no other thing more joyful and soothing than riding your bike at the dawn in low speed with the glass shield of your helmet partially open. When the winds gushes through the open portion of your shield and than touches your face, you may as well feel like riding all day long.

Few Words of Unsolicited advice for all the Bike Rider: Do not fall in love with your bike. Friends, love is blind and surely is possessive. I made the mistake, and it became hard for me to give my bike to the servicing station for even 5-6 hours.I realized my mistake when my bike gave me a lot of inductions of a possible breakdown. I got it serviced finally and try to treat my bike just like any other rider should.


But you never know, True love never dies.....
........................................................................................................................................................